Support URL: http://support.spectrumdigital.com/ccs32
ARM7, ARM9, ARM11, C54xx,C55xx, C62xx, C67xx, C64xx, C64Plus, F2800, IcePick-B, IcePick-C
Windows 2000 with service pack 2 or higher, service pack 3 recommended for improved USB support
Windows XP, service pack 1 recommended for improved USB support
Code Composer Version Supported:
CCS 3.0, CCS 3.1 and CCS 3.2. The release is based on CCS 3.2 software stack but is backward compatible with CCS 3.1 and CCS 3.0. If you install into a CCS 3.0 or CCS 3.1 environment then only those processors supported by CCS 3.0 or CCS 3.1 are available.
Product Release: 3.00.12, 3.01.0012 and 3.02.0012
Release Date: 25-Aug-2006
1. The SD XDS560R follows the standard TI XDS560 emulation model where TI provides all emulation drivers and emulation utilities in the standard CCS install. Spectrum Digital provides emulation communications components as well as target specific CCS configurations. As such the SD XDS560R does NOT support Spectrum Digital’s SdConfig, SdFlash, SdJtag, or SDSTRV utilities and software interfaces. These utilities and interfaces are only available for XDS510 class emulators where Spectrum Digital provides the full emulation driver stack.
2. When creating a custom CCS configuration for the SD XDS560R you should never select a SD emulation driver. Instead you should always select a TI supplied emulation driver. All SD emulation drivers are prefixed with “sdgo” for easy identification.
3. This install package will update your TI USCIF components to version 35.23.10. These components are also available from TI in the “XDS560-RevD_Cable_Update”. There are two side effects to installing these components:
· For CCS 3.0 and CCS 3.1 installs you may need to run cc_setup and re-save existing board configurations. This will update the associated board file to the USCIF 35 format.
· If you have an existing Spectrum Digital XDS510 class driver install and it stops working then you will need to update your drivers to pick up support for USCIF 35 board file format. USCIF 35 format is supported in Spectrum Digital “sddllmgt2.dll” version 1.55.00 and higher which was part of the CCS 3.1 driver release.
4. The CCS 3.2 driver install is functional in CCS 3.3 Beta 1.
1. CCS 3.2 cc_setup.exe does not populate the registry correctly for IcePick based configurations. For IcePick based configurations CCSetup points to the TI XDS560 emulator for the IcePick but properly points to SD drivers for the processors connected through IcePick. This will generally cause CCS to fail on startup as it is attempting to open a TI XDS560 connection for IcePick. You can safely ignore this error and CCS will start. You however will not be able to connect to IcePick from PDM. The install CD contains a version of cc_setup.exe, which resolves this problem. The file is on the CD under the “TI” directory. You must manually replace this file in your CCS 3.2 install.
2. F2400 is not supported. The TI XDS560 F24xx drivers do not run properly on the SD XDS560R due to software timing loops in the TI XDS560 F2400 drivers.
3. There is a communications interface sharing problem, which prevents users running CCS and some other application or utility (like xdsprobe) simultaneously. You must exit CCS to run utilities like TI’s xdsprobe.
Follow the installation instructions in your XDS560R Quick Start Guide.